Baillie Gifford Multi-Year Awards
|Grant size||Up to £15,000|
All of Scotland
|Closing date 4pm on :||30/04/21|
About this fund
This fund is aimed at supporting grassroots community organisations across Scotland.
Purpose of this fund
Priority will be given to projects that can demonstrate a fit with one of the following priorities:
- Reducing isolation in Scotland’s communities – this includes all forms of isolation whether due to health, disability, rurality, or projects which aim to tackle barriers to inclusion. This list is not exhaustive.
- Supporting financial inclusion – this can include food poverty-related projects and those that seek to maximise the income of families that may be struggling due to the impact of Universal Credit, disability, in work poverty and so on.
- Overcoming homelessness – this includes any work to tackle homelessness in our communities.
- Improving employability and enterprise, particularly in young people.
- One grant will be to a local sports club to help people participate in grassroots sport.
The fund can support core costs as well as project costs. However, it can only support applications where the grant request is at least 25% of the total costs. Please do not apply if your project as a whole costs more than £60,000.
Who can apply?
All applicants must meet Foundation Scotland's Common eligibility criteria, please check this list before starting your application.
What can’t be funded?
Please read through What we can't fund page, these exclusions apply to all Foundation Scotland funds.
In addition the Baillie Gifford Multi-Year Awards fund cannot support applications where the grant request is less than 25% of the total costs.
How are decisions made?
Funding is allocated based on decisions by selected Baillie Gifford staff with support from Foundation Scotland. Decisions are expected to be communicated July 2021, please ensure that your project will not start before 1st August 2021.
For more details on our assessment processes please visit How funding decisions are made.
The Grants Team