Sir George Earle Benevolent Fund
|Grant size||Up to £3,000|
All of Scotland
|Deadline:||This fund is now closed. Decisions can be expected at the end of September for applications submitted by the 4pm on 2nd August deadline.|
About this fund
The Sir George Earle Benevolent Fund was established in 1974 by the late Sir George Earle to support the current and former employees of Blue Circle Industries in the UK or relevant subsidiaries in cases of financial hardship, and to fund local projects supporting older people facing loneliness and isolation.
Purpose of this fund
Activities or projects must meet one of the following fund themes:
- Improve older people's access to social activity
- Reduce feelings of loneliness or isolation in older people
- Increase the availability of local projects or activity which supports older people
- Respond to local social or economic needs
Groups with an income of £250,000 or less in their most recent annual accounts can apply.
Projects can cover a small geographic area, e.g. housing estate/village, or larger areas e.g. town/borough where there is evidence of community involvement.
Who can apply?
All applicants must fit Foundation Scotland's funding criteria. Before progressing your application please visit our Common Eligibility
What can’t be funded?
At Foundation Scotland we have some standard exclusions that apply to all funds. Before progressing with your application please visit What can't be funded.
In addition, the fund cannot support the following:
- Grant requests for over 25% of the groups annual income, unless the group is newly set up
- Major/large scale capital projects i.e. vehicle or property purchase, build or adaptation costs
- Organisation who are already in receipt of a grant directly from the Sir George Earle Benevolent Fund
How are decisions made?
Decisions will be communicated via email by the end of September 2021. For more information on how we award decisions are made visit How decisions are made.