At Foundation Scotland we are committed to making our website accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of this website and, in doing so, adhere to internationally accepted standards and guidelines. This website endeavours to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1) A and AA success criteria. We seek to ensure that this website is accessible to people who use assistive technology such as screen readers and speech-input software and those unable to use a mouse or a pointing device.
Accessibility features that can be found on this website include:
- The use of simple fonts with text that can be re-sized, responsive to different device sizes.
- A responsive design which works across all desktop and portable devices and browsers. This allows visitors more options for controlling text size and adding extensions such as audio reader tools.
- Colours that are easy to read
- Use of plain English
- All pages navigable using a keyboard
- Minimal use of PDF downloads for important information
- Links have meaningful text that explains what the users can expect when they click on them.
Some areas which may be less accessible
- Video content which doesn’t have captions
- PDF documents
- Text within images such as infographics