Skip to main content

Carscreugh Renewable Energy Park Ltd (CREPL)

Grant size Up to £2,500
Dumfries and Galloway
Key dates  

About this fund

CREPL Fund became operational in 2014, and it will pay community benefit for the 25-year lifetime of the wind farm. Six community councils are eligible for funding through the CREPL Community Fund: Cree Valley; Kirkcowan; New Luce; Port William; Stoneykirk; Old Luce.

Payments are made directly to Community Councils, or similar organisations, to use or distribute to active groups in their communities. Old Luce funds are transferred to the Old Luce Community Fund to be distributed through the open grantmaking process. 

Approximately £2,500 is paid directly to Community Council's every year in November.

Purpose of this fund

The fund supports a broad range of community activity and development by supporting the charitable activities of community, not-for-profit groups.

Who can apply?

Grants are paid directly to Community Councils / Community Development Trusts. If groups from one of the above community council areas wish to apply for CREPL funds they should contact their local Community representative directly. For Old Luce they should apply to the Old Luce Community Fund.

What can’t be funded?

Information on what the fund cannot support is provided here.

How are decisions made?

Community Councils / Development Trust submit an annual expenditure report and forward plan, along with their annual accounts, to Foundation Scotland. Once this has been approved, the grant gets paid to the Community Council / Development Trust. Old Luce works under a separate agreement.

Frequently asked questions

  • Who do I contact in my local community?

    Contact details for Cree Valley, New Luce, Port William, and Stoneykirk Community Councils can be found on Dumfries and Galloway Council website. 

  • What level of funding can groups apply for?

    Most grants paid out by Community Council / Development Trust from CREPL funds are under £500. This is so that more groups can be supported with low-cost local community projects. In some cases, CREPL funds can be spent on larger community projects but this decision lies with the individual Community Council / Development Trust.  

How to apply

Each Community Council / Development Trust has its own guidance on how groups apply to them and who receives grants. For further information about this please contact your local Community Council / Development Trust directly. 

Contact information

For application process and technical enquiries

Central Systems Support

For criteria and fund priority enquiries

Rachael Walker, Grants Officer