Publicising your award
If you've received funding through Foundation Scotland, we'd like you to acknowledge your award publically. There's a number of reasons this is important to us, your organisation and your fund donor, and we're always here to help.
Where you can, please acknowledge Foundation Scotland in all your publicity. From tagging us on social media channels to adding our logo to your publicity materials. Please use these words if you can, especially if you are unable to use the logo:
‘Funded by Foundation Scotland.’
Depending on which fund your award is from, you may also be required to acknowledge the fund donor. We will have specified these requirements when we sent you the offer or payment, so please read this carefully. If your award comes from a named fund here at the Foundation, then please include this:
‘Funded by Foundation Scotland from the [INSERT NAME] Fund’
Social media is a great way to get the word out throughout the lifetime of your project. For example, you could let people know about the funding and when the project will launch, publicise upcoming events or share stories from some of the people you’ve supported. If you have photos you can include that’s even better.
Please follow and tag Foundation Scotland so we can also share your good news! Our social media accounts are:
Local newspapers love positive news stories from the communities they serve. Send a brief press release (or email) to your local paper about the funding being awarded or how it has been invested in your project, service or activities. The more human, the better. Try including things like:
- The people or place that your activity, service or project is benefitting
- The difference this will make, what are the intended outcomes
- Where the funding has come from and how much
- A quote from your organisation
- A quote from someone who has benefitted from the funding, for example, a member of your club, a local parent or perhaps a young person you've supported
- Photographs of your project where possible (and with permission from anyone featured). The newspaper might even send a photographer if they really like your news.
If you have any questions or would like some support with publicising your award, please get in touch.
Central Systems Support