Blackford Community Fund
|Grant size||Up to £1,500|
Perth and Kinross
|Decision date:||End May|
About this fund
The Blackford Community Fund is a charitable fund to benefit residents of Blackford Community Council area in Perth & Kinross local authority. The Fund has been created with a donation by Ochil Developments (the developer of the G West development near Blackford) to Blackford Community Council, and community benefit funds provided by EDF Renewables, owner of the Burnfoot Hill, Burnfoot North and Rhodders wind farms. The Fund is intended to be a lasting resource for the community of Blackford
Purpose of this fund
The purpose of the Fund is to support community groups and charities working in the Blackford Community Council area. By providing grants to such groups, it aims to:
- Promote community spirit and bring people together.
- Enhance quality of life and promote people’s well-being.
- Foster a vibrant, sustainable community.
The Fund can support a wide variety of groups and projects.
Applications that will benefit older residents of the community will be particularly welcome.
Who can apply?
Groups and organisations working to benefit people in Blackford can apply. You don’t need to be registered charity to apply, but your group/organisation must meet our standard eligibility criteria.
Applications from groups/organisations located out with the Fund area will be considered on a case-by-case basis and must demonstrate clear benefit for residents within the Fund area.
What can’t be funded?
Information on what the Fund cannot support is provided here.
Additionally, the Fund cannot support:
- Anti-wind farm or anti-renewable energy activities, including activities contrary to the interests of EDF Renewables;
- Activities that bring Ochil Developments, EDF Renewables or Foundation Scotland into disrepute.
How are decisions made?
A Community Panel, made up of people who live, work or volunteer in the area, makes recommendations on grant awards from the Fund. The Panel advises on overall Fund strategy, and is governed by Terms of Reference.
The Panel of up to eight members includes a mixture of community councillors and other members of the community:
- One representative is appointed by Ochil Development.
- One member of Blackford Community Council appointed by the Community Council.
- Five members elected by public ballot from within the community (not more than two of these may be members of Blackford Community Council).
Opportunities to become a Panel member are openly advertised when these arise, both locally and on this website, and are selected through a fair and transparent process.
The current Panel is:
- Andrew Sinclair (Chair)
- Allan King (Ochil Development rep)
- Irene McLaughlan (CC Rep)
- Stuart Laing
- Gillian Brown
- Iain Paton
- Bethan Benwell
- Ann Gaunt
The Panel meets twice each year, in May and September.
More information about the decision making process can be found here.
Eligible groups may apply for more than one grant per year from the Fund.
Applications for more than £1,500 will be considered where exceptional need and impact to the community of Blackford can be demonstrated. Those wishing to apply for more than £1,500 are advised to call the Fund Co-ordinator (contact details below) to discuss their application before submitting.
Eimear Cassidy, Community Funds Coordinator
- Help for applicants
- Blackford Community Council
- For advice on running your group or project contact your local Third Sector Interface: PKAVS Third Sector Interface
- The Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) provides a range of useful resources for setting-up a voluntary organisation or running your organisation. It also helps organisations develop their digital potential.
- The Fund is provided by Ochil Developments and EDF Renewables