Volant Charitable Trust
|Grant size||Up to £45,000|
All of Scotland
|Enquiry (Stage 1):||Will re-open 18th July 2022|
|Stage 1 decisions by:||early November 2022|
|Stage 2 decisions by:||April 2023|
About this fund
The Volant Charitable Trust furthers its aim by supporting Scottish charities and projects, whether national or community-based, which help alleviate social deprivation, particularly supporting women, children and young people at risk. Projects must demonstrate a strong focus on supporting women and children affected by hardship or disadvantage and on tackling the issues they face in order to make a lasting difference in their lives and life chances.
Further information on the Trust is available on their website.
Purpose of this fund
Specific themes the fund will consider for support include:
- Women. Victims of sexual abuse, rape, domestic violence and those working in the sex industry; care for young mothers and those affected by postnatal depression, isolated and lone parents; community support for black and minority ethnic women and asylum seekers; support services for women prisoners and their families.
- Children and young people. Counselling, support services and outreach projects for those who are disadvantaged or deemed to be at risk through neglect, emotional and physical abuse, alcohol or drug misuse.
- Poverty and deprivation. Mental health projects for women and children; support for vulnerable families; promotion of healthy eating for families in areas of extreme deprivation.
You can apply for up to £15,000 per year for a maximum of 3 years (maximum grant, therefore, is £45,000).
Although there is no income cap on organisations, please note in the instance of the fund being oversubscribed, smaller organisations will be prioritised (under £1 million in the most recent financial year).
Who can apply?
All applicants must fit Foundation Scotland's funding criteria. Before progressing with your application please visit our Common eligibility criteria
What can’t be funded?
In addition, for the Volant Charitable Trust, we cannot process applications for contributions to major capital projects.
How are decisions made?
Volant Charitable Trusts make the final decisions on applications presented to them twice a year. For more information on our decision making processes, please visit how funding decisions are made.
How to apply
- Please complete an online enquiry form on the fund page to provide a brief outline of your proposed project and grant request. We will then review the enquiry forms to consider the projects fit with the programme priorities before inviting groups to complete the full grant application form.
- If you're invited to complete the full grant application form, you'll be sent a link and have 4 weeks to submit the online application form and supply all supporting documentation.
Applications are submitted online. Please follow the link to register for a form.
Jennifer McPhail, Fund Adviser